A Stephen Minister is . . .
- a child of God who walks beside a hurting person;
- a caring Christian friend who really listens;
- a lay person who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care.
A Stephen Minister is NOT . . .
- a counselor or therapist;
- a problem-solver;
- a casual visitor.
Stephen Ministry helps meet the needs of individuals who are:
- terminally ill;
- in a job crisis;
- new members of the church;
- adjusting to the birth of a child;
- unable to have a baby;
- the family or friend of someone experiencing a crisis;
- in a spiritual crisis; or
- looking for a caring Christian friend